The American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine serves to advance the understanding, prevention and management of lower extremity sports and fitness injuries. We believe that providing such knowledge to the profession and the public will optimize enjoyment and safe participation in sports and fitness activities. We will accomplish this mission through professional education, scientific research, public awareness and membership support.
We welcome you to our website and hope you find it useful. If you are in the podiatric sports medicine field and are interested in AAPSM Membership, please click here.
Why Join the AAPSM?
- The AAPSM hosts a series of meetings throughout the year held at the various colleges of podiatric medicine offering special discounts and CME units.
- AAPSM operates a consumer referral line where consumers call and receive an AAPSM member in their area.
- AAPSM website featuring member and consumer information including a newly formatted “members only” site featuring a variety of PowerPoint presentations, bookmarks and brochures.
- An informative newsletter that includes journal reviews, student chapter updates, information on upcoming meetings, seminars, etc.
- Opportunity to achieve Fellow Status.
- Fellow-in-Training funding
- Research Grant Funding
- Opportunity to consult and network at annual meeting with past presidents who have high visibility in the sports medicine field
- Participate in special AAPSM projects such as Special Olympics, etc.
- Media exposure through national, regional and local magazines and newspapers.
Our G.R.E.A.T. Team!
Sports Medicine & Footwear Info