2016 Stand Alone Meeting
L to R: Alberto Salazar and Amol Saxena
Featured Speaker Alberto Salazar
"Adjusting foot strike to improve running efficiency"
Alberto is an AAPSM Golden Foot Award recipient, IAAF Coach of the Year, former Marathon World Record Holder and 3 time New York Marathon Winner!
25+ Continuing Education Contact Hours
Meeting Program (PDF) | Surgical Lab Overview (PDF)
Exhibitor Information & Contract (PDF)
Physical Therapists and Assistants
Invited to Portland!
The American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine would like to invite physical therapists and assistants to attend the “Best Sports Medicine Foot and Ankle Meeting in the Country”, October 20-23, 2016. Register online.
AAPSM MISSION STATEMENT
The American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine serves to advance the understanding, prevention and management of lower extremity sports and fitness injuries. We believe that providing such knowledge to the profession and the public will optimize enjoyment and safe participation in sports and fitness activities. We will accomplish this mission through professional education, scientific research, public awareness and membership support.
An example of what attendees will gain knowledge on……
- Become proficient in the use of Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Gain understand of use and applications of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Become updated on latest information on Shock Wave (ESWT, RSW, EPAT)
- Understand why traditional treatments for plantar fasciitis, Achilles Tendinopathy and Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome are rapidly changing
- Learn surgical techniques during the hands-on cadaver lab (October 20, 2016). Goals and objectives of the hands-on cadaver lab include:
- Learn new percutaneous techniques for Achilles tendon rupture & insertional repair
- Understand principles of Lisfranc’s stabilization & fusionLearn surgical treatment options for Jones fracture
- Learn new techniques for fibular fracture repair
- Learn open treatment approaches for ankle OCDS & TLTs
- Be able to surgically treat Navicular fractures
- Learn how to use plates for 1st ray & MP procedures
- Become surgically proficient in dealing with lateral ankle pathology, including instability, Peroneal tendinopathy & Os Trigonum syndrome
- Other procedures as requested/time permits
INVITED FACULTY & A SAMPLE OF TOPICS
- Rich Bouche’, DPM – Clinical Exam of the Foot and Ankle; MTSS in the Athlete; Surgical Techniques for Sports Medicine
- Michael Chin, DPM; Ray McClanahan, DPM – Cuboid Manipulation of the Foot and Other Pearls
- Dalia Krakowski Clausen, DPM – Cross Country and Free Heel Skiing Injuries Workshop
- Rob Conenello, DPM – Communication with the Athlete
- Marc Cucuzella, MD; Jay Dichary, PT – Teaching Proper Running Form
- Jay Dichary, PT – Gait Examination
- Tim Dutra, DPM; Ted Forcum, DC, KT Tape – Taping Workshop
- Maggie Fournier, DPM – Update on Athletic Metabolism: REDs; Surgical Techniques for Sports Medicine
- Ludger Gerdesmeyer, MD – Shockwave Update – It’s Not Just for Heel Pain
- John Grady, DPM – Hallux Rigidus Panel; Heel Pain in the Athlete Panel; Surgical Techniques for Sports Medicine
- Adam Kelly, ATC – Original Research Pertaining to Proprioception and Balance in Ankle Sprains
- Karl Kolbeck, PT – Rehab of Tendon Pathologies from a PT Perspective
- Clint Laird, DPM; Matt Werd, DPM – Bike Fit
- Paul Langer, DPM – Foot Orthotic Therapy in Sports Panel; Stress Fractures in the Athlete Panel
- Mike Lowe, DPM – Common Basketball Injuries Panel
- Ray McClanahan, DPM – How to Strengthen the Foot
- Kevin Paulk - Shoe Creation: From Concept to Reality
- Amol Saxena, DPM – Achilles Tendinopathy Update; Hallux Rigidus Panel; Surgical Techniques for Sports Medicine
- David Tsai, MD – MRI of the Foot and Ankle
- Matt Werd, DPM – Pediatric Athlete; Bike Fit
PLUS: Sonosite Diagnotic Ultrasound Lab, PRP Techniques and Practice, Surgical Techniques Lab, Workshops, Fun Run, Shoe Testing, Case Presentations &
Practice Management with Harry Goldsmith
Reserve your room online: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/AAPSM2016
Reservations may also be made by calling 1-877-901-6632. Refer to the “American Academy of Podiatric Sports Annual (AAPSM) Meeting” October 20 – 23, 2016 when calling.
Guestroom reservations must be made by September 28, 2016 in order to receive the discounted group room rates. After this date, guestrooms are at the best available rate.
All faculty participating in continuing medical education program sponsored by the AAPSM are expected to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to the content of their presentation(s).
Faculty Members receive no honorariums.
This program is open to all healthcare professionals regardless of age, sex, race or professional credentials.
Kent State University is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. Kent State University has approved this activity for a maximum of 25+ continuing education contact hours. Schedule and speakers may be subject to change.